I know it sounds crazy, but have you ever thought of how your life would be altered should you not be able to earn an income? How would you pay your mortgage, your car payment, your utility bills, purchase groceries, etc… without your income? 68% of adult Americas have NO savings earmarked for emergencies and a whopping 100 million of us are without private disability income insurance.
Did you know:
- Just over 1 in 4 of today’s 20 year-olds will become disabled before they retire.
- Over 37 million America’s are classified as disabled; about 12% of the total population.
- More than 50% of those disabled Americans are in their working years, from 18-64.
- 90% of wage earners rated their “ability to earn an income” as “valuable” or “very valuable” in helping them achieve their long-term financial security.
- The average Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) monthly benefit was $1,130 in 2012. How long could your family survive on that?